Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fifty Percent Discount

I went to a sale the other day at a golf store, that was going out of business. I had seen the signs advertising it for a few weeks. But I waited until the sale percentage discount on their signs showed 50% - 70% off. I hoped I would get lucky with a size that might save me some money. Waiting was a mistake.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln, " “Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” The leftover, picked over, lucky sizes were those that I could not use. Plenty of size 32 pants and XXL & XXXL shirts. I was greedy, rather than satisfied to get a reasonable sale price, I wanted a steal. I did not consider that there would be others who were satisfied to get a small bargain, and the good merchandise.

It seems to me that some of us might approach other things in our lives the same way. We wait for the big profit, the larger discount, the lower purchase price, or the higher sale price, and as a result, we lose out. I suggest that you be satisfied with a good deal, and stop waiting on the 'best.' You may not get anything like me!

No comments: