Sunday, August 15, 2010

Never say, "I do not know."

The internet is good for anything I do not know. It keeps me from having to say, " I do not know.", which I do not like to do.

I was watching a pre-season football game and someone asked the group, "where did #84 play his college football?"  I follow football, very closely, but could not remember this little tidbit. There are some very obscure players out there. Here is something to remember from today forward.

Google search, "player name, bio." you can do this on your smart mobile phone, or any other computer device. It will give you everything about any player. If I have more info, like, Dolphins, or wide receiver, then I type that as well.  It merely helps to narrow the search. I got the information in private, then... a few moments later, I said, " USC. Miami picked him 3rd round in 2009. He's, 6'5", the tallest receiver ever drafted by Miami. "Oh yea. that's right, I remember him now" , someone says.  You just smile. Be ready, another question is coming.

There are so many questions like this in every day life. When someone asks , "what movie was she nominated for an Academy Award last year? Use the same Google search. Add Academy to the search.  You will quickly gain a reputation as the trivia expert.  You can tell them where you found it.   Sometimes that story is just as good.  It's up to you.  Depends on who's asking.

I never have to say, I do not know. Why would I?  I do not Know!

No comments: